The Intuitive Anti-Money Laundering
Date: Monday 24 October
Time: 12:30 - 14:00
CPD: 1.5 hours LCI, FCI (Compliance), CFCP, Certified Bank Director, QFA,CPD Members, RS CPD Members, Certified Bank Director, Certified Investment Fund Director, Wealth Management Professional, Retirement Planning Professional, MCI Board Member or Equivalent, Accredited Funds Professional
Fee: €35 for members, €45 for non-members
- General AML overview and refresh session on the law in Ireland and EU (30 Mins)
- Detailed breakdown of understanding complex beneficial ownership structures and entity types, including specific documents that should be requested from clients (30 Mins)
- Discussion of new sanctions programmes against Russia and the constantly changing landscape of AML in a globalised world (30 Mins)
- Understanding why AML is becoming an increasingly important sector of finance and how firms are facing increased scrutiny from regulators
- Understanding how the law is constructed and transposed into real world AML practices
- Understanding how your work is affected by new AML laws and sanctions
The Compliance Institute's CPD Programme is designed specially to support the compliance professional in developing the skills and competences required to perform their role and is also a requirement to maintain your Compliance Institute designation. For more information on Compliance Institute designations, click here.
For a full list of our upcoming CPD events, click here.
Patrick Ryan is a Director at Vault Technologies and 4th year law student at Trinity College Dublin, with a wide spectrum of Anti-Money Laundering experience deriving from work as a Senior Analyst at several international banks including Bank of Ireland, Citigroup, and MUFG since 2017.